Notice Regarding Use of this Site by Children
This Site is not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that children do not provide personally identifiable information through the Site.
How We Collect and Use Personally Identifiable Information
We will collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address and credit card number or other payment number when you voluntarily provide it to us through this Site such as when you create an account or profile, order or register a product, order literature, enter contests or incentive programs, sign up for newsletters, participate in a survey, contact customer service, or otherwise interact with this Site. You may review and change your information with us at any time by logging into your workbook and clicking on Edit Your Profile.
Your personally identifiable information may be used by us for all legal purposes, which may include, but are not limited to, responding to your requests, processing your transactions, notifying you of new products or product-related news, and for administrative purposes such as conducting incentive programs or tracking which parts of the Site are of interest to you.
We use your personally identifiable information to provide the services you request from Behr Process Corporation such as responding to product information requests; registering products; fulfilling orders for parts, products or customer service; initiate refunds; administering contests or incentive programs; and facilitating on-line product visualization applications and preferred products catalogs. We also use personally identifiable information to send you news about our products and promotions, to conduct online surveys, contests, other similar promotions or incentive programs via email, telephone or postal mail, and to notify you of special events and advertising that you might be interested in. Please see the "Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions" section below for more information on participating in such activities. Further, we may also use personally identifiable information to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications. In addition, we may use the information to improve Behr Process Corporation's online and other services, such as customer service and product support, to understand consumer preferences in developing product improvements and innovations, and to ensure that our Site is of interest to you. We may also use your personally identifiable information for internal business purposes, such as optimizing users' Site experiences and analyzing and managing our businesses. If you apply for employment with Behr Process Corporation, we may use the personally identifiable information you supply to process your job application.
This Site may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient's name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you warrant that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient's name and email address for this purpose.
How We Collect and Use Non-Personal Information
We may also collect other information that is not personally identifiable through this Site ("non-personal information") such as your postal or Zip code, date of birth, gender, IP address, domain name, URL, browser and operating system and a record of the Site pages you visited. This data helps us to understand traffic patterns at this Site and may be used to tailor your experience at this Site, such as showing you content including special events and advertising that you might be interested in and displaying the content according to your postal code. At times we will use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web Site. We also may track browser types to help us understand our visitors' needs related to our web Site design.
Since non-personal information does not identify any particular individual, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such non-personal information with third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine non-personal information with personally identifiable information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any non-personal information with personally identifiable information, the combined information will be treated by us as personally identifiable information in accordance with this Policy.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
The Site may use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. Pixel Tags allow us to, for example, count users who have visited certain pages of the Site and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. We use the information received from these Pixel Tags in the aggregate for statistical analysis, among other things.
How We Share Personally Identifiable Information Behr Process Corporation may share personally identifiable information collected via the Site with Affiliated Entities or other third parties as described below. You should also be aware that personally identifiable information about you may be transferred to or received by Affiliated Entities or third-parties in the U.S., or in other countries, which countries may have different privacy regulations than those applicable in the country where you reside.
- Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and this Site or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, hosting dealer locater sites, providing order fulfillment, conducting advertising or customer service, and administering contests or incentive programs. We may share personally identifiable information with these third parties for those business purposes. For instance, if you request a brochure, we may share personally identifiable information about you with fulfillment and management agencies to complete your request.
- Other Third Parties. We may share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties to permit such third parties to send you marketing materials. If you wish to opt-out from our sharing of your personally identifiable information with third parties for their marketing purposes, please see the "Choice: Opt Out" section below for information on how to opt-out.
- E-mails to Friends. Please note that any personally identifiable information you provide in connection with sending an electronic postcard or other message to a friend through the Site, such as your name and your e-mail address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
- Promotions. We reserve the right to share the personally identifiable information you provide in connection with sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions with third parties sponsors of such sweepstakes, contests and other promotions (irrespective of whether such promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such sweepstake, contest or other promotion. Please see the "Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions" section below for more information on participating in such activities.
- Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to an Affiliated Entity or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Behr Process Corporation's business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Co-Branded Pages. From time to time, we may enter into a special relationship with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with Behr Process Corporation to provide additional features on this Site, such as co-branded sites (referred to here as "co-branded pages"). Any personally identifiable information that you provide on one of these co-branded pages may be shared with or accessible by these third-party partners. By submitting your personally identifiable information through these co-branded pages, you also consent to our sharing this information with those third-party partners. You should review the privacy policies posted on these co-branded pages to understand how personally identifiable information collected through these pages will be collected and used.
User Generated Content Functions
Certain pages on this Site may enable users to submit their own content (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services). Any information you disclose in such a submission may be publicly available and be read, collected, or otherwise used by anyone who visits the URL of the page on which you have chosen to comment, and you should exercise caution in deciding whether to disclose your personal, financial or other sensitive information there. Behr Process Corporation cannot prevent such publicly-available information from being used by others in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy and safety, and is not responsible or liable for the results of any postings or the use or disclosure of any information that you disclose via such postings.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us, or if you would prefer that we do not share personally identifiable information about you collected via the Site with Affiliated Entities or unaffiliated third parties for such Affiliated Entities' or unaffiliated third parties' marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related e-mails from us and/or from such sharing of your personally identifiable information by visiting www.behrpro.com and clicking on "BehrPro Email Join/Update" in the header of the home page where you may specify which of the following choices you are opting out from:
- Receiving marketing-related emails from us;
- Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with our Affiliated Entities for their marketing purposes; and/or
- Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
If you are a registered user, you may also opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us by logging into your Account and clicking on Edit Account (change your answer to "No" next to the question "May we send you BEHR news and special offers by email?"). If you do not wish to receive marketing related text messages from us, you may opt out by logging into your Account and clicking on Edit Account and deleting your cell phone number.
None of these actions will opt you out on www.behr.com. If you have registered on www.behr.com, you must log into that website separately and follow the "opt-out" instructions for www.behrpro.com.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove personally identifiable information about you from the databases of Affiliated Entities or other third parties with which we have already shared your personally identifiable information as of the date on which we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from such Affiliated Entities or other third parties, please contact such Affiliated Entities or other third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions
We may operate sweepstakes, contests, raffles and similar promotions through the Site that may require online registration with us or with third party sponsors of such sweepstakes, contests, raffles, or other promotions. You should carefully review the rules of each sweepstakes, contest, raffle and promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about Behr Process Corporation's or a sponsor's use or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of personally identifiable information conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
Links and Third Parties' Privacy Practices
Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Behr Process Corporation takes measures to protect personally identifiable information collected through this Site against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We also seek to require our Affiliated Entities and service providers to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of any personally identifiable information about you that they receive from Behr Process Corporation. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personally identifiable information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personally identifiable information to us via email. Note that Behr Process Corporation will not request sensitive personally identifiable information in our emails to you and you should verify the authenticity of any such request.
Retaining Personally Identifiable Information
We retain personally identifiable information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Behr Process Corporation processes your personally identifiable information, please contact us by calling us at 1-877-776-3961. or by writing to 3400 W. Segerstrom Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92704, Attention Customer Care.
Site © 2012 Behr Process Corporation unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved.